Invoice Credit Limits
You have been able to apply a credit limit to customers since mid 2020 if you use the new invoicing feature (not classic) then you will receive an alert when at the limit. It will also show you amount outstanding in credit limit when raising a new invoice. This will be available on classic invoicing in the future.
You can now set an invoice not to be sent if the customer is over their credit limit and it will save in drafts. In the drafts and awaiting approval screens now has a new column which shows invoices which have not been sent due to the credit limit.
When raising an invoice, a banner shows you how much of the credit limit a customer has remaining.
Delivery Addresses on Invoices
You can now add a delivery address to an invoice and view on a draft invoice, awaiting approval and PDF. This feature is not default and needs to be added. When in the invoice, click on the customer name, you will see towards the bottom of the menu a box to tick to add the delivery address.
Short Term Cash Flow Report
Is now available for all organisations, it shows you your future bank balance based on purchase and sales invoices entered on Xero for anywhere between 7 and 30 days. It is available under the business drop down menu.
Payments to suppliers were showing as from TransferWise, this will now be the name of the TransferWise account which will be the business name.
- Profit and Loss report – summarising wages for staff and directors for January, February & March
- Balance Sheet – 3 schedules - VAT deferred, cash position and drawings available to you.
- Potential cash burn report
- Cash flow report showing cash spent for the quarter of April, May and June
- Outstanding invoices and bills
- App report highlighting the importance of real-time information
Business Loan Pack
Collates all the essential information you need to apply for a business loan. This report template includes:
- Profit and Loss showing a 3 year comparison
- Balance Sheet showing a 3 year comparison
- Year-to-date Profit and Loss report
- Year-to-date Balance Sheet
- Aged Receivables Detail report
- Aged Payables Detail report
Coming Soon to Xero
- Split payments in bank reconciliation for mobile apps will be available allowing you to reconcile a part payment.
- Reports - ability to insert page break will be added to force all data to next page of PDF.
- More options available to edit invoices once paid
Paying Bills Is Now Effortless!
Xero have partnered with TransferWise to allow a simple, automated bill payment solution directly in Xero. The free trial has now ended however it is well worth a look.
If you have to pay a lot of bills this functions would save time and energy!
*Please note, the bank details of the suppliers need to be set up in the contact section to enable this feature and this is only available on sterling transactions.
If You Don't Use Hubdoc, Why Not?
Hubdoc is Xero's receipt and purchase invoice capture tool that converst them in to usable data and sends them to Xero.
It simplifies the process and saves time!
Hubdoc uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to analyse your receipts and purchase invoices for useable data.
When you upload your receipts it converts that data into digital files, ready for export.
There are some companies that it 'auto fetches' meaning that you set up access details and Hub Doc goes and fetches the invoice for you. No logging in and downloading the invoice any more!