ITSA - Income Tax Self-Assessment Tax Returns

We specialise in processing and filing tax returns for a wide range of clients and use of many years experience to provide tax savings. The information below shows what we offer and why you are in safe hands with Cashtrak.

Watch Our Video For Details Of Our Bespoke Service

You send us your income and expenses information as soon as it is received to avoid having an 11th hour rush to find everything and we process as we receive the information meaning the tax return can be filed early - watch the video to find out the many benefits of this approach.

Cashtrak's simple, 5 Step self-assessment tax return service - save tax, hassle free!

Why Use Cashtrak to Submit Your Self-Assessment Tax Return?

Lots of reasons!

  • Submitting (filing) your tax return is time consuming and can be long winded and tedious, instructing Cashtrak process and file your self-assessment tax return frees up your precious time to concentrate on what matters to you
  • We process tax returns all of the time and know our stuff, if there is a tax saving for you  - we find it!
  • If you have missed an allowable expense, we let you know
  • We have many years of experience 
  • We support you through the process, keeping you updated and give clear instructions of how much you owe and how to pay as well as reviewing your account between tax deadlines to check you are up-to-date
  • We provide advice, guidance and tips on the process
  • You can send us your paperwork whenever is convenient to you – every week if you want, taking the pain out of finding the paperwork once a year
  • All of our clients love our hassle free service and come back year after year

Click here for a no obligation quote or e mail us at


Watch Cashtrak's self-assessment tax return top tips video for help on processing and filing your tax return yourself.

Check how to cancel your self-assessment tax return registration here.

Penalties - you’ll get a penalty if you need to send a tax return and you miss the tax return deadline for submitting it or paying your bill. You can appeal against a penalty if you have a reasonable excuse.

To note - all partners can be charged a penalty if a partnership tax return is late.

Not Sure If You Need To Send A Tax Return?

Top Tip if you didn't owe any tax last year or are no longer self-employed - it doesn't mean you don't need to send a tax return again. HMRC will contact you to confirm they no longer need you to send a tax return. Don't assume, you could receive a penalty if you do not file a tax return.

You will not usually need to send a return if your only income is from your wages or pension. But you may need to send one if you have any other untaxed income, such as:

  • money from renting out a property

  • tips and commission

  • income from savings, investments and dividends

  • foreign income

‘Submitting’ can be done by online (web/ internet) submission click here to check if you need to submit a tax return.

Top Tip you can choose to fill in a tax return to:

  • claim some Income Tax reliefs – click here for an explanation of these

  • prove you’re self-employed, for example to claim Tax-Free Childcare or Maternity Allowance

  • don't receive the full reimbursement of expenses from your employer

  • if you get Child Benefit - if your income (or your partner’s, if you have one) was over £50,000, you may need to send a return and pay the High Income Child Benefit Charge – click here for more information.

What Is A Payment On Account?

'Payments on account’ are advance payments towards your tax bill (including Class 4 National Insurance if you’re self-employed).

You have to make 2 payments on account every year unless:

  • your last Self Assessment tax bill was less than £1,000

  • you’ve already paid more than 80% of all the tax you owe, for example through your tax code or because your bank has already deducted interest on your savings

Each payment is half your previous year’s tax bill. Payments are due by midnight on 31st January and 31st July.

If you still have tax to pay after you’ve made your payments on account, you must make a ‘balancing payment’ by midnight on 31st January next year.

Need help? Contact us today, click here.


This product has been added to your cart